lördag 16 juli 2011

Ur Mortes de Melinard et Cadvelyn

Then a woman led Sir Melinard unto the Mad Damosel Mardine, and she was straitly wooded also. And Nemlod produced a cedle, and he said, ’Sir Knight, I know the words not, but that the cedle would be for you. This alone was from the Damosel, but what ye see.’

And Sir Melinard took the cedle, and read it, and then there was wonder to see for all that was in the esture, that he gave out a cry and fell into such a clean dole, that none had seen afore, for Lady Laura had written words that bruised his heart. ’Sir’, said Sir Cadvelyn, ’I will see that credence.’ And so he did.

’Alas’, spoke Sir Melinard, ’I will set till my father’s castle on this hour, for I wit her in grave danger. For I can not seek her son, ever will I regret it, til she is safe again in my father’s keeping.’

’Then’, said Sir Cadvelyn, for there was great affiance atwixt them, ’I will join ye, good Sir Knight, for I saw this ordeal come, and now I list to quit it.’

’Be that as it may’, said Sir Berel, ’but ne’er would I dwell on a damosel’s charge.’

’Then’, said Sir Cadvelyn, ’ye will seek the child in these lands wide-where, and when ye find it, ye will keep it as your own son and have it, so that no grame comes to it, for so is the charge.’

’I will do so’, replied Sir Berel, and they bid each other farewell. And Sir Berel yode on the land, and Sir Cadvelyn and Sir Melinard hoved at the house, for to rest.

’Now’, said Sir Cadvelyn when Nemlod bid them devour the goblins, ’I will tell ye what ye will do. Ye will leave them alone, and not bother them again, and so there will again be peace in this house, for they were ’ere tofore ye, and ye will worship the olden.’

All bevered by his words and did as he bid, and so Sir Melinard, who felt great haste behowed, and Sir Cadvelyn, mounted and rode for the rivage.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar